How To Change Company Logo Liferay Portal 6.x
Liferay bundle (Tomcat) comes with a default company logo for liferay.com. In this post I am going to cover 2 ways to change this logo with your own company logo/picture.
How to change company logo - Administrator Style
- Login to Liferay Portal with a admin user id. (The default user id is : email@example.com and password is: test)
- On the top toolbar go to Manage - Control Panel
- On the left navigation bar go to Settings Link in "Portal" Section. Settings page should be displayed.
- On Settings page go to "Display Settings" link in Miscellaneous section on right navigation menu.
- Click on the "Change" link and select your company logo.
- Click on the "Save" button at the right navigation menu.
- Now click on the "Back to Liferay" link on top navigation bar.
How to change company logo - Developer Style
- Overriding portal default configuration Create a file with name "portal-ext.properties" with following content. If it already exists then append below line in the file. (Replace the name of image file with you company image file name.)
- Copy Files in server CLASSPATH Copy portal-ext.properties and company logo file to below location
- Restart server Refresh the browser window and changes should be visible on the portal home page.
image.default.company.logo=company_logo.pngThe property field "image.default.company.logo" is a default property which is configured in "portal.properties" file. By creating portal-ext.properties file we can override the existing values of portal config without touching the original configuration.