Fortnite is a popular video game that has captured the attention of millions of players around the world. While many people are familiar with the game’s Battle Royale mode, there are a number of fun facts about Fortnite that are not widely known. From the game’s origins to its unique building mechanics, there are many interesting things to learn about this beloved video game.
- The original concept for Fortnite was a cooperative, base-building game called “Save the World,” which was released before the popular Battle Royale mode.
- The game was developed by Epic Games and released in 2017.
- The Battle Royale mode was inspired by games like H1Z1 and PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds (PUBG).
- Fortnite was the first video game to feature cross-play across all major gaming platforms, including PC, Xbox, PlayStation, Switch, and mobile devices.
- The famous “Floss” dance emote in Fortnite was created by a 15-year-old boy named Russell Horning, also known as “The Backpack Kid.”
- In early versions of the game, the storm circle was actually a wall of fog that would slowly close in on players, rather than a visible storm.
- Fortnite has hosted a number of in-game events, including a concert by Marshmello that was attended by over 10 million players.
- The game has a number of hidden easter eggs and secrets, including a secret bunker and a hidden llama statue that players can find.
- Fortnite has a unique building mechanic that allows players to create structures on the fly to defend themselves and gain an advantage in combat.
- The game has been responsible for popularizing a number of dances and emotes, including the aforementioned Floss dance, as well as the “Take the L” and “Orange Justice” emotes.
In conclusion, Fortnite has become a cultural phenomenon and has left an indelible mark on the world of gaming. From its humble beginnings as a cooperative base-building game to its explosive popularity as a Battle Royale sensation, Fortnite has captured the imagination of millions of players around the world. With its unique building mechanics, in-game events, and iconic dances and emotes, it’s no wonder that Fortnite remains one of the most beloved video games of all time. Whether you’re a seasoned veteran or a newcomer to the game, there’s always something new and exciting to discover in the world of Fortnite.