10 years ago you could hardly imagine how it is possible to get a proper education without attending a college. But these days everything is changing. Technologies rule the world. Education goes ahead. Numerous students worldwide take online courses at the most prestigious universities.
Classroom Layout: Moving Walls
Forget neat desk rows, uncomfortable chairs and a lecturer delivering his speech in front of students. It is out-of-date. The class design will change greatly. Private workstations for individual tasks and collaborative workspaces for elaborating group projects; standing desks and flexible settings; interactive projectors and cloud storage will inevitably break into the life.
For example, walking on the Baker Street, you meet Doctor Watson and listen to Sherlock Holmes playing the viola. However, keep sitting in your classroom, reading Conan Doyle through a smart device. Or you discover oceans diversity without diving.
Distance Doesn’t Exist
Imagine this: you are comfortably sitting in your classroom while a tutor explains the String Theory from inside the Large Hadron Collider! A lecturer is streaming what he observes through a Google Glass to the students that are far away. And he is perfectly capable of seeing your group as through all of you sitting in the same room! In many ways, this is a genius invention which gives us an opportunity to get the interactive and supplementary information. It may happily bring us to historical artifacts or the moment of Columbus’ landing on the American coast.
Not many students are lucky enough to possess spatial thinking that is extremely important in art and design as well as exact science. Nevertheless, due to 3D printers, a teacher will be able to provide his students with a new form of visualization. For instance, students can see and touch abstract things such as a concept of molecular structures. On that basis, sophisticated theoretical concepts will become clear and close to a comprehensive understanding.
Of course, you have heard about cloud computing. Many countries already have the modern education to install thousands cloud terminal devices at schools. All projects, tests, and exercises will be submitted online via applications and school-specific programs. When you completed your work, it will be immediately shared with stakeholders. Yes, it is quite disappointing. You just can’t lie to your teacher anymore about your angry dog that spoiled your worksheets because all information is safely stored in the Cloud.
Work Wherever You Like
No more piles of textbooks and heavy bags. All materials are collected in the Cloud. Thus, all you need is an electronic device and the Internet connection. Therefore, students have the freedom to work on the homework or projects anywhere and anytime.
Unbreakable plastic e-papers provide interactivity. Flexible and thin displays may replace regular paper. For example, you can easily fold them into newspaper or roll into tubes.
Smart Multi-Touch Boards and Screens
Projectors and blackboards will not survive this century. It is likely that giant touch LCD screens replace obsolete equipment. New devices will allow numerous amount of interactivity simultaneously.
Game and Learn
Kids are always put questions to understand the world. Discovering the environment, they interested in everything and wanted to have the answers on the spot. Growing up in the Internet age, children have a lot of advantages. Google, Wikipedia, YouTube, Facebook, and Smartphones provide them with 24-hours information. Eventually, this will influence traditional teaching methods, and so video games can turn into a powerful education tool.
What Did Technologies Bring to Us?
- Fast data access. You may easily explore any field using your PC or smart gadget. It takes several clicks to download great books and fundamental researchers.
- Communication. Numerous applications help us to exchange ideas, keep in touch with teachers, schoolmates, and friends. You can study abroad, but there is no problem to chat with your relatives living on the other side of the Globe.
- Fan learning. Using modern technology, students can share examples and visual lessons with peers.
- Online education. It is easy for students to work on the project anywhere due to the effective communication techniques.
- Social isolation. Although social networks help us contact any person worldwide, too many persons are deprived human society. Some of them lose the ability to communicate and prefer nonverbal forms. Despite having many virtual friends, those people feel loneliness avoiding real contacts.
- Job loss. Robots have replaced people. Usage of technology increases production immensely. Thus, many employees have lost their job in some production sector. Especially, it concerns seniors who often can’t solve a problem of computer illiteracy.
- Loss creativity. Students become addicted to the modern tools. For example, not many students who use calculators regularly can recall multiplication table. Even a simple mathematical equation without devices turns into a great problem. Society becomes dependable on modern techniques which reduce the level of creativity.
- Information flow. Data overwhelmed the capacity of the community to analyze and make use of it. The amount of information increased greatly so that one has to select meticulously what to read and listen to otherwise the precious time will be lost.
There are plenty of tech tools we can use now. We share our ideas via Social Media and use various bots as our assistants. If we have any difficulties with our homework or essay writing, we can find a proficient writer who will complete the assignment, even if it is a challenging task such as a term paper.