Well, since there are masses of Mac data recovery software like iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac, Recuva, PhotoRec in the market, this post will discuss what you should take into consideration when you are looking for the best Mac data recovery software for yourself. Based on my personal experience, here are some important points to figure out.
Does This Data Recovery Software Work With Your Mac?
It matters a lot whether this Mac data recovery software is compatible with your Mac operating system or not. Fortunately, it’s relatively easy to check such information on the official site.
What Kind of Data Loss Can This Software Recover?
The next point is if this Mac data recovery software can recover data from your situations. If the software you choose is unable to recover your data when you need it, it’s completely a waste of time and money.
Is This Mac Data Recovery Software Easy to Use For You?
Also, you should consider whether this software is easy enough for you to use, especially if you are so inexperienced in data recovery. For example, PhotoRec is a free and open source for Mac, however, it is designed with command line which would be difficult for ordinary users. Therefore, it’s really should be a fact that you think about when selecting the best Mac data recovery software.
Is This Data Recovery Software Affordable for You?
Most data recovery tools are not completely free. Thus, another thing you need to think about is how much will this Mac data recovery software cost. Usually, these data recovery programs allow free trial with some limit before you finally pay for it, which is a good way to check and test if you like this application. When the free trial period is expired or you meet the limit of free recovery, you need to buy it. At that time, an affordable price would be preferable for sure, so you’d better check their rates and buy the most economical one.
How Does the Refund and Customer Services of this Product Like?
Then what if you have some problems with the Mac data recovery software you bought? Can you get technical support or even a refund? These are essential factors you need to figure out before you made your final decision.
What is the Best Mac Data Recovery Software for Me?
Personally, I would say iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac is the best one for me. As as as I can see, iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac states clearly that it works with macOS 10.15 (Catalina), macOS 10.14 (Mojave), macOS 10.13 (High Sierra), macOS 10.12 (Sierra) and OS X 10.11 (El Capitan), 10.10 (Yosemite), 10.9 (Mavericks), 10.8 (Mountain Lion), 10.7 (Lion).
And here are some data loss cases that iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac can recover. The product you choose should also support such data recovery at least.
1. Photos, videos, emails, notes, documents, audio files, or other files are permanently deleted or emptied from the Trash on Mac.
2. Data is lost when a hard disk or a partition is corrupted, unmountable, and formatted, or when your disk is not readable by your Mac.
3. Files are lost when an APFS or APFS encrypted partitions are lost or when you accidentally deleted this partition.
4. You have no access to your files when your external hard drive, SD card, USB flash drive, memory card, Pen drive, etc. is not working properly.
5. Your Mac mini/MacBook Pro/MacBook Air/iMac is unbootable due to internal Macintosh disk corruption, Mac operating system crash, or other reasons.
As for the interface of this software, iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac offers a user-friendly and straightforward interface and helps users get data back by simple three steps:
- Select the disk or specific partition from the interface of this software.
- Scan for lost files on this disk.
- Preview and recover them.
Well, that’s how I find iBoysoft Data Recovery for Mac and tell it is the best data recovery software for me. Similarly, if the data recovery product you choose meets all the factors above or at least most of your needs, then you have found the most satisfying data recovery software for yourself.