5 Best Programming Languages for Web Developers
The Internet industry has revolutionized our lives. You can gain access to different services and products that you might require online. The internet industry has itself changed in the past two decades. During its initial days, it was all about having a website and HTML (Hyper-Text Mark up Language) was the primary language used for building websites. However, the internet market has transformed from simple static web-based HTML sites to sophisticated dynamic websites developed on different platforms.
Static websites are used to represent pre-defined set of information such as a company profile. Dynamic websites interact with the user and show dynamic information depending upon the inputs of the user such as online railway reservation website.
The first question that comes in every developer’s mind is to choose a programming language for the project. What programing language to learn? One must understand that every language has its limitations and the key is to choose a language depending upon your requirements. Some of these factors are:
- Server platform (such as Windows or Unix-based OS)
- Server software (IIS: Internet Information Services for Windows and Apache for Unix-based OS and other OS)
- Programming experience
- Budget of the project
- Choice of database (SQL server, MySQL)
Here are some of the most extensively used programming languages for web application development in the current internet industry.
No doubt that there are many free resources available on web to learn Java for free at the same time there are many good java books available for you to refer.
Some Interesting Facts About Java Programming Language
- Java is truly platform independent programming language that supports many operating systems as well as types of hardware.
- Java is highly scalable programming language.
- Java has a humongous community and many amazing Java libraries are available for developers as open source software.
- Almost all hosting companies support Java based server hosting.
- Worlds most popular big data analytics platform - Hadoop is written in Java.
It is a fast-prototyping language and it is best for developing web-based applications that require maximum functionality with minimum code. It is suited for advertising apps, media, agency, small software business, and startup business owners. Programming PHP By Rasmus Lerdorf, Kevin Tatroe, 2002 will help you learn the basics of PHP language.
PHP has been used for so long that its community has contributed many powerful tools for PHP Website developers.
Some Interesting Facts About PHP Programming Language
- Worlds most popular content management systems including - Wordpress, Joomla and Drupal is written in PHP.
- Worlds most popular ecommerce platform - Magento is written in PHP.
- Almost all top hosting companies support PHP based server hosting.
Python can be easily learned with the help of plethora of freely available resources and tutorials on web.
Some Interesting Facts About Python Programming Language
- Python is one of the easiest language to learn at the same time its also very powerful and highly scalable.
- Python is also favorite language for hackers to do quick scripting and create hacking software.
- Python has big open source community and many Python web frameworks are available to programmers for free.
It is important to understand that no language is perfect in itself and it is best to consider your requirements and choose a program accordingly. You should reevaluate your programming requirements before choosing a language for your project.
What is your favorite programming language? Share your opinion on this poll