Memcached is the most popular library that has been used for over a decade. There are many commercial databases that created highly Scalable solutions and databases on top of this powerful library.
Learning Memcached can be really easy since you will find plenty of tutorials and help on the internet.
This library is already very popular across PHP, Java, Python and Ruby developers. That makes it a library that almost any programmer can use.
Many experienced programmers can actually learn it in few hours and start implementation.
Best Memcached Tutorials For Beginners
These are a simple tutorial that can be best to start learning Memcached as a beginner. Memcached is a popular solution in many languages, therefore, you will find plenty of options to learn on your own favorite programming language.
- TutorialCachingStory · Memcached/Memcached Wiki · GitHub
- Memcached Tutorial
- Memcached Tutorial – JournalDev
- Memcached Option Tutorial
- Turbocharge Your Website With Memcached
- How to install Memcached on Windows machine – CodeForest
- Memcached (Distributed Cache) ASP.NET Provider – CodeProject
- Memcached with PHP.
- How to use Memcache with PHP
- The Memcache Examples | App Engine standard environment for Python | Google Cloud
- Memcached and MySQL tutorial | Colin Charles Agenda
- Memcached Memory Management | Engineering Blog
- What Is Amazon ElastiCache for Redis? – Amazon ElastiCache for Redis
- How to Dramatically Speed Up Your Web Application: An Introduction to Memcached
- Distributed Caching with Memcached | Linux Journal
- memcached access to MySQL Cluster – Tutorial | Severalnines
- How to install and use Memcache – Tutorials For Kyup.com
- MySQL :: MySQL 5.7 Reference Manual
- Speed up Apache with mod_pagespeed and Memcached on Debian 8
- An Introduction to Memcached
- A Bunch of Great Strategies for Using Memcached and MySQL Better Together – High Scalability
- Caching Scenarios
- All about Memcache
Best Video Tutorials About Memcached
Do you like video tutorials? This is a list of some if best video tutorials, including a playlist that we hand curated on YouTube.
- Memcached Tutorials – YouTube
- Intro To Memcached – YouTube
- Facebook and Memcached – Tech Talk – YouTube
- Memcached – Web Development – YouTube
- Redis & Memcached – YouTube
- Scaling your Website with Memcached, discussion with Northscale cofounder – YouTube
- Database MemCache Applications Video Tutorials – YouTube
- All about Memcached – YouTube
Best Memcached eBooks and PDF Tutorials To Learn
PDF and eBooks can be a really useful resource to access offline and on mobile devices. You can download these books and read them offline anytime.
Best Memcached Tutorials For Java Programmers
Java programmers may find these tutorials handy. You can copy/paste the code snippets from some of these java tutorials.
- Use Memcached for Java enterprise performance, Part 1: Architecture and setup | JavaWorld
- Memcache Overview | App Engine standard environment for Java | Google
- Why Redis beats Memcached for caching | JavaWorld
- Simple Spring Memcached – Spring Caching Abstraction and Memcached
Best Memcached Tutorials For Ruby Programmers
Ruby programmers can use below-listed resource handy while developing a Memcached application.
- How To Use Memcached With Ruby on Rails on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS
- Caching with Rails: An Overview — Ruby on Rails Guides
- Memcached and Ruby – Lukasz Wrobel
- Building a Rails 5 Application with Memcache
Best Discussion Forums and Message Boards To Get Help on Memcached
Memcached has a big community of experienced and new developers. People online are always willing to help. These two places are kind of the best resources for searching and asking questions.
I hope you found this resource page handy. Please suggest any other useful resource in comments that we may have missed on this page and we will be glad to include it in the article.